Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The Rash, The Side Effects, All That Stuff

I do still have a rash you know. It's probably more of a 1/10 rash than when it was raging before, but it's still there to remind me that it'll take its time getting out of my system.

Which in turn makes me realise one week on, three weeks to recover doesn't suddenly sound quite as unreasonable as I thought it did. Do bear in mind I thought I'd be returning to activities around this time, but actually just sewing six badges on a camp blanket using the sewing machine takes up enough energy.

My skin is changing again - now it's dry skin. Only in a few places too - my forehead, the back of my hands and my lower back. So I'm drinking lots of water and hoping it's just a hydration issue - because random things happen and I never know if they're actually meant to. 

It's a bit like one of those eighties computer adventure games. You think you know what you're doing but you end up going back to the same spot with something slightly different. You're not bleeding, you can eat and drink and move around so things aren't in a bad way, so you just keep going. 

I got out my sewing machine today - daughter's new camp blanket arrived so I sewed her name on it, and husband noticed I was shaking quite a lot when we set things up. I'm pacing myself so I don't do too much anyway, mainly so I get everything done without too many issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...