Monday, April 3, 2023

Hospital Stuff

Went in for my April appointment today, where things are now different within the hospital. I had been given a bloods appointment but knew their systems well enough that it wouldn't be an actual appointment in my name. Probably. 

So instead husband got me a number ticket, and I queued to check in. Which went okay, other than we were waiting in the bloods area for about an hour and a half. Long. This meant the actual appointment I definitely had I was then running late for. Which I probably forgot to apologise for. Sorry. 

Waiting in the blood rooms isn't the most exciting of things. Fortunately we both had our phones charged. Unfortunately all the games I wanted to play wouldn't connect to the internet. Never mind. 

To add to the general chaos of it all, I didn't have an appointment on my records. The hospital app shows one, so my blood test nurse had to find a doctor or consultant to be able to make it visible so she could extract some blood. Incidentally, chatting with a mum who has had cancer, she has been told she can never donate blood again. So that's something I can't start, because I'm fairly certain they'll tell me the same. 

The appointment was added, the blood test taken, I headed to the area for my second appointment and got a "Oh thank god! We didn't know where you were!" sort of reaction (which was quite nice!). Got sorted there and we decided that I should stay on the same level of chemotherapy as last time because of the rash, lack of appetite, sleeplessness... I'm happy with that. 

While we were there my up to date platelet levels came in, and are looking better than they have for a while. They're not perfect but they're moving in the right direction. This new app the hospital is using gives you test results though all I got was glucose. It seemed high, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm still taking insulin every morning (which I don't think I need to).

Anyway, altogether we were in the hospital for a Very Long Time. My prescription is now ready to be picked up so I can restart my chemo today. It's all good. 

Yet again I have forgotten to do a blood sugar reading before eating. It's so annoying, though most of the time you have a rough idea what it would be. Bloody annoying though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...