Thursday, February 2, 2023

Platelet Levels

Okay, so here's my next question. I've been thinking about it way too much.

As I've gone on about for the last few weeks, hospital got concerned about my platelet levels and I was taken off chemo a week early. That was okay as I benefitted from the time I was taking it. All I had to do was get my levels up again and hope the evil rash would go away sharpish.

Alas, the rash loves sticking around and does still make an appearance (it's easy enough to make it go though), and I'm still taking antihistamines last thing at night to help me sleep and to help the rash disappear (it's probably the former than the latter here though). 

SO. If my platelet levels raise high enough that it's fine to start phase 3 with the chemo, that's a good thing. However, if being on the same chemo then lowers my platelet levels (and I should add here, I'm being put onto a low dose to see how I go with it before it gets to the more powerful one), what happens next? Because if my levels were low and only just recovered I feel like they're likely to go low again rather than keep raising.

Unless it's the antibiotics I've been allergic to all this time. But I don't know that because nobody tested at the time. Sigh. And I didn't ask because I didn't think about it. 

So this is why I've been thinking about it way too much. Will I start and then it doesn't work out so we go onto a different plan? Does anyone actually know? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...