Thursday, February 2, 2023

Side Effects Check In

I guess a check-in is due on this - though it's better news than previous updates. 

Hairloss. Still losing hair though it feels like it's slowing down. Previously in the shower I'd have quite large amounts of hair fall out whenever I wash my hair, whereas these days it's a much smaller amount. My hairline is about 2cm higher, you can't see the scar from my craniotomy unless you look really hard so it all looks vaguely normal - though my hair is much thinner everywhere - especially underneath where I have the smallest of ponytails thanks to the lack of hair there these days. 

The rash. That has gone now - though I'm still taking a sleepy antihistamine at bedtime so I fall asleep quickly - and a bit of a rash appears then but disappears quickly (like it's reminding me that it hasn't quite gone yet). Nothing some aloe vera/good moisturiser doesn't fix anyway. 

Dry skin. Where it was just around small areas it's now around my body - but no irritation, I'm just making sure to drink lots of water and put lots of decent moisturiser on the area which seems to help. It's very dry, flaky skin which is a bit like dandruff, there isn't a huge amount of it but enough you notice it. One to keep an eye on.... 

Platelet levels. I've gone on about this one over the last couple of posts on here, but they're low and I'm wondering how low they're allowed to go once they're high enough to commence phase 3 of treatment. 

I think that's it right now - I'm almost a month since my last Radiotherapy appointment (how did that happen?!) so it's a good indication how I'll deal with the next phase. Whenever that starts... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...