Sunday, February 26, 2023

Forgetfulness

Okay, forgetfulness is well and truly back. My short term memory isn't great. Longer term is - though it's a bit weird. For example, husband asked what I'd like for lunch today - I said I quite fancied a croissant with cheese (as that feels quite a treat right now). 

At this point husband says I asked if we needed anything else and he said "bread" - though I don't remember asking it, but I do remember wanting to make sure we got some. So it probably happened, I'm just not sure. 

I would add as an additional "this might be why" as I've had this awful cold and am trying to stay away from everything - though I've hit the night 'cough-all-night-long' thing which is really irritating. I'm up several times in the night - mainly when the coughing won't stop. Being upright usually fixes it. 

I've actually got to the stage where I insisted husband sleeps downstairs so I don't disturb him in the night which might have worked. 

But my lack of sleep might explain why my head isn't retaining much at the moment. So do hurry up and recover, body. I mean, the last thing I want is to start chemo, but it's also exactly what should be going on. So let's get it underway with me feeling strong and ready to fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...