Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Steroid Reduction

This morning I've had my first steroid reduction, down from 2mg to 1.5mg. This is going to be a long, slow, gradual reduction as if you do it too drastically you can end up having to increase your dose back to what it used to be. It's a week by week thing, which quite frankly if you're me, each week is flying by but now we're talking about reducing medication it feels like everything is a million years in the future. 

I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting to see if my head wants to have a headache or just get on with things - so far it's the latter. Keep it up, head. 

I've noticed over the last week my appetite has gone back to how it was before all this happened. On Saturday I ate so much more than usual I felt uncomfortably full - and that was the first time I had done that since last October. My appetite was fine, I just couldn't eat a lot at once - whereas this was a proper stuff your face I-NEED-FOOD sort of thing 

The only thing which makes sense is the chemotherapy and radiotherapy leaving my system - that's another one to look into. 

One thing I'm mentioning now, I'm becoming a bit forgetful again. Random words, chatting and stumbling over words. I think it's tiredness rather than anything more serious, but we all know what happened last time when I thought it was menopause rather than a bloody brain tumour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...