Tuesday, December 19, 2023

The Quietest Time of Night

is now. 

Husband always suggests I come to bed at midnight, however my sleep patterns are really messed up.

I usually lie on the settee, volume low and drift off to the tv. It's all fine. However, tonight the volume was lowered even further so there was no point. So instead I'm lying in the silence, the ringing in my tinnitus ears at high volume just in case I really fancied having a little nap or something.

Which comes way easier than it used to. I'm cross at things, at life. Things that didn't bother me seem to do a bit more than before. 

You know the weirdest thing about this tumour? It never goes away it just keeps growing. That's quite irritating. 

I've noticed lots of end of year lists, so let's give it a go. Bearing in mind I've little to no idea what came out this year. 

ALBUMS

Pale Saints - In Ribbons reissue (4AD)
Big Thief - can't remember its name
Air Miami - Me Me Me (4AD) always a classic album, always
The National - their last album (beggars/4AD)
Lucy Dacus - Home Video (Matador)
ARXX -  Ride or Die

TV
Happy Valley (binged)
Ted Lasso (binged)
Squid Game
Taskmaster (obvs)

I should probably try sleeping....

newest blood blister 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...