Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Baby Bruise Fingers

If I could get a good photograph of the tips of my fingers I would, but I don't think the lighting works in my favour. 

On almost all my fingers are tiny fading bruises from months of blood sugar testing, pricking the end of my finger and taking bloods to check everything is behaving. 

Then I get a text from my GP who wants to talk about cholesterol. OH Cholesterol. This has always been an issue, it goes back years - back to when I was previously diabetic. I think they just want to phone me rather than have an appointment, I can deal with that. "Did you know your cholesterol levels are higher than they should be?" "yes" "okay, good stuff, bye" would be the ideal outcome here, though I know it'll be "eat less chips - eat less pasta - portion sizes - graze" sort of conversations. Those foods are faves at the moment as they're easy to eat and I don't feel unwell eating them. 

While the small circular bruises disappear back into my skin, only to be reactivated when I choose that finger. The blood thinner tablets are definitely doing what they're meant to... 

The bonus of diabetes was my nurse checking my feet last week and instructing my husband he has to moisturise my legs and feet once a week. Something I don't think I'll forget quickly anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...