Thursday, August 24, 2023

You Sound A Bit Rude

Ugh. I have been reliably informed by my nearest and dearest that I can sound "a bit rude".

So : context. I have had tinnitus since around 2003 or 2004 (I don't remember). Since the brain op the ringing has been louder from time to time.

My nearest and dearest speaks very softly, so much that sometimes I can't make out a word he says. Sometimes I respond with a "pardon?!" and today I copied what it sounded like he said, which unfortunately was seen as being rude. 

The ringing right now is loud, not horribly so but enough it's not as easy to ignore. But now I'm conscious that how I respond could be seen as rude. Add to that the teen is in a funny old way about something. 

All I want to do is curl up in the quiet under a blanket and get some much needed headspace.

Also, there's absolutely no way that Eddystone Lighthouse is eleven miles away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...