Sunday, June 11, 2023

The Pub, Revisited

We have company - husband's sister is staying with us for a while. This is a good thing as I'll have someone else to chat to through the day and I might be able to persuade her to accompany me to Croydon for some last minute presents. (it's Fathers Day next Sunday)

They've all gone off for a nice walk and I'm going to meet them at the pub getting the bus there. I've checked the menu and most things involve cheese - still. 

We have been threatened with a thunderstorm last night - it didn't happen. There's also the potential for one this afternoon, though no signs as yet. 

Husband's sister was in Vietnam before getting to London and picked us up some sweet treats - dark chocolate dipped satsuma pieces. They're delicious. Though by the time we started eating them we wondered why there were lots of small ants on the table. It looks like some Vietnamese small ants are having a little London break. 

So in some ways I'm kind of glad we're not eating at home (ants) as you won't find them down the pub. 

Yet in other ways I wish I was eating at home thanks to the amount of cheese I may well end up eating this afternoon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...