Sunday, June 4, 2023

Hearing Revisited

Have I mentioned my hearing? For the last god knows how many years (since maybe 2004?) I've had tinnitus. I get on with it all, it doesn't stop me from doing anything. 

But.

I am wondering whether the radiotherapy has affected what I can hear. It's possible. But maybe not. 

Earlier today we went to the cinema with the Brownies. I found some dialogue in the film difficult to follow - things I might have heard clearer in the past. Song lyrics too. They kind of blurred into something that made no sense.

(edited to add - when I went to the ENT dept back in the early 2000s I was diagnosed being only able to hear either vowels or consonants as each has a different frequency. I can't remember which way round it was though - but that's my hearing for you anyway).

It was weird. I've noticed that husband's voice seems quieter than usual, the teen too. But what if it's actually me with the problem and they're doing what they've always done? 

One to keep an eye on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...