Monday, May 1, 2023

Michael J Fox

There's a great* article about Michael J Fox in The Guardian. He talks about his Parkinsons diagnosis and how he won't live to 80. This part stuck with me though, it applies to anyone who is feeling the way I am currently, and I'm sure millions of others. 


He added: “I recognise how hard this is for people and recognise how hard it is for me but I have a certain set of skills that allow me to deal with this stuff and I realise, with gratitude, optimism is sustainable. If you can find something to be grateful for then you find something to look forward to and you carry on.”


It's so true. The hospital tell me that every time. I can do doom and gloom as well as the next person, but when it comes to me and my own way of dealing with things, this sums it up. 



* I realise talking about something which is eventually going to kill you or contribute to it is not a good thing, but I think it's really good to talk about it. Awareness is so important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...