Monday, May 15, 2023

Dance Dance Dance to the Radio (therapy)

Radiotherapy will recommence soon. I've had my mask fitting so things should move quickly which is good news. 

Having my mask fitting a second time was weird - I don't remember it being like that the first time, but maybe it was just my rubbish memory and it has been so long ago. 

They asked if I wanted music then forgot to put it on - though I had earplugs and headphones to drown out the clanking ("is that a machine working?!" I asked a radiographer when I was there recently, outside another radiotherapy room. It is loud, incredibly loud). I was looking forward to a bit of smooth eighties movie soundtrack style tunes. 

Anyway, Radiotherapy will recommence soon. Two weeks only. I'm not stressing about it because I like going there (we have normal conversations, although I'm in a different room this time) and because I refuse to think about outcomes and why I'm there. Hopefully by the end tumour #2 will have been blitzed. 

Yes, tumour #2. I don't know what this all means, I'll only know after radiotherapy finishes and I have another MRI (hopefully with music this time). It's very small and we've caught it early. I've been told I won't lose hair with this radiotherapy so let's hope that's the case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...