Friday, March 17, 2023

Hair We Go...

I appear to have lost a lot of hair suddenly. I was expecting something to happen but not as much at once. I've been washing my hair (when it has been itchy) and gently combing or brushing my hair. You could probably stuff a baby teddy bear with the hair that comes out. 

Earlier today I asked husband to do a hair check. He can see more than I can in the mirror, plus will happily take a photo so I know what he's talking about. 

"Oh.... there's quite a lot of hair missing" he told me. I knew this, though it looks like there has been a major progression. The other side of my scalp (slightly above the hairline at the back) is now looking quite thin and sparse, hair-wise. 

I knew this - I've tied my hair up in the night at times when it has felt quite static-y and uncontrollable. I've noticed the hair fastener be tighter from week to week - from five times to six, to seven..... so I've been preparing myself for this time. 

The haircut. 

The last time I got my hair cut was in September 2022. I booked another appointment afterwards but my brain decided it was time for a bit of attention so I need six months of tidying up. I decided it was probably better to wait until the hairloss calmed down (I was having visions of a perfectly cut hairdo without thin patches so I think I should probably quit while I'm ahead).

"...and you have a lot of dry skin on your scalp as well" this makes sense with the itchiness. Well, off to the bathroom I go to give my scalp a bit of kindness and to hope it washes all the flakiness away. 

I spoke to the hospital this morning about my dry eyes and mouth, I'm getting something in my next prescription from them which is good, though still a couple of weeks away. I'm now wondering what's good for a very dry scalp. Other than itching it. I'm such a scratcher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...