Friday, January 27, 2023

Was There a Party?

Oh don't mind me, it's another "did this happen?" moment.

I know this memory happened when I was on the ward at St Helier, so pre-operation and when I wasn't getting a good rest. Or at least, did it?

Everyone seemed to be wandering around, patients, family, nurses. 

I know I came out of the bathroom and was told off by husband for taking so long (to be fair, my sense of time had been invaded by the glioblastoma so I had no idea what was going on). Husband and teen were sat on my bed looking concerned. But everyone was having a party. 

By 'party' this was moving around being sociable and chatting rather than a full on rave.

I'm imagining party food too though I can't think I had any as I must have been diagnosed with diabetes again by then?

It's a strange memory, but it's so vivid. 

===

I asked the teen about the party, did it happen? She confirms that no, no such thing ever happened. It was just her and my husband sat on my bed waiting for me to get out of the bathroom. The brain is a peculiar thing. Definitely no party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...