Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Things

I'm not scared, I'm not upset. 

I'm not worried.

But I can tell you right now that some of the side effects I had at the start, pre operation feel like they might be coming back. 

The main one is the lack of time, date, day.... that I'm putting down to being at home a bit more than usual thanks to feeling so tired. I feel tired of course, because I'm not eating as much as I should. 

That'll be because being around the smell of food when it's really niffy (eg garlic, curry) makes my stomach turn and I start retching. The last time this happened it suddenly went and my appetite came back - so I'm hoping that will happen soon. If only to stop my stomach playing a little "grumbly symphony" when I can't tell if I'm hungry or not. 

We went out to Banstead for some lunch today. I kept my food as plain as possible without dairy to see if I could manage it all - I didn't (the bread slices were pretty thick though), and after I had eaten some food the smelly food and retching came back. So things seem to be shifting the right way but I'm not there yet. I've been referred to a dietician at the hospital anyway. 

So things are coming back, reoccurring, I'm speaking to the hospital about it and part of me wonders if this is another stage with this type of cancer and things are deteriorating? Do I want to know. I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...