Sunday, April 16, 2023

"What do you need?"

Disclaimer - I am not picking out any individuals - just writing what has happened. Please don't take offence. 

Back in the radiotherapy days I had a brilliant rota between friends and husband to get to the hospital now I can no longer drive. It was great, we'd chat, catch up, grab a cuppa afterwards and chat more. Then the treatment stopped - and with that the rota was over. I'd have friends occasionally checking in, but more often than not there was silence. Now, I know I could get in touch with people so I'm also at fault here - though the sheer amount of appointments and getting things into the diary (which I spectacularly fail at).

Since early January I haven't had as active a social life. But I think we both know that - there's just one thing I wish happened when I meet people, family, whoever. I wish someone would ask 

What do you need?

Because I'm not sure what I need, but I'm never asked to form those thoughts. When we go out for the day teen hands me my walking stick, the car is unlocked by husband, things are done. So I might have a train of thought of things I need to take out with me, but the more things done by others, the more likely I am to forget them. 

Almost every time we go out I've forgotten a hat and - to be fair - I'm getting really bad at forgetting my stick. Which is why I don't want anyone to take offence. 

So yeah, I'll get back to you with something I need. There will be something, I'm sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...