Saturday, April 15, 2023

Side effects update

Hands : very very dry and peeling. The good news is the peeled area has lovely soft skin. 

Legs : It feels like the heat - rash - peel and itchiness might be spreading to my lower legs. There is nothing better than scratching my legs raw and then having a bath to cool my skin down. 

Upper back : itchy. Helped when I insist husband or the teen put cream on. They're very good indeed. Current itch out of 10, probably 2.

Scalp : dry skin patches, fairly easily fixed with a nice massage oil. I have a Kiehl's one which smells great and works. The biggest downside is I can't smell it.

Appetite : Coming back slowly. I am eating three meals a day, sharing anything I can't eat. 

Hair : has FINALLY slowed down falling out. I can no longer stuff a teddy with it. Now I just have the world's smallest ponytail.

Walking : I can walk, I need the stick. Today we went to Bluewater and by the time we got home my legs had seized up. Husband and teen are doing a sponsored walk for my hospital. Lovely stuff. Since I came off the steroids my legs have functioned normally which I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...