Thursday, April 27, 2023

Farewell (I hope) Insulin....

Had a phone call with the Diabetic Doctor this morning to talk about lowering my Insulin I take every day. 

The only reason I started Insulin was due to the steroids I was taking (not any more though) raising my blood sugar levels. I haven't taken any steroids for ages now. Absolutely ages. So my logic was that if I'm not taking what gave me diabetes, why am I injecting myself with Insulin every day? It doesn't make sense. 

Unless what I've been told is wrong, of course. My blood sugar readings are around the 5 mark, rarely lower or higher than that - it all feels very average now. 

ANYWAY the doctors is just as annoying as the hospital when it comes to messages about things. So far I've had one on my email, one on my text messages on my phone and I'm not sure where the next one will come from. They keep me on my toes, I guess.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...