Monday, February 20, 2023

Levels

Still not high enough. I knew this though, I'm happy as my levels were higher. Let's get to the next appointment and see what happens though.

We had a pretty long wait in the hospital though that was to our benefit. I've found out the reason I have to go on Mondays is due to them having cancer/chemo meetings on a Monday (I always thought it was a Thursday/Friday though). 

So we get to the hospital for around 9.30am in the hope the blood test room isn't too busy. The last couple of times we've got in straight away, though that might be due to hospital staff being on strike the previous week maybe? I don't know, just speculation there. After 30 minutes waiting I was called for my bloods, fortunately there was a vein found quickly and I was out of that section quickly.

So you queue for a second time in the outpatients part so the nurses/doctors can then see you. We had an angry lady we dealt with - she couldn't hear me. "I've just had a blood test, I just need to make sure the doctor knows I'm here" I told her - she looked at me with a bit of an angry stare and told me off. "Why didn't you mention that you've had a blood test?" when I quite clearly had - and had to get husband to speak for me. I am genuinely wondering if I've lost some hearing recently so I'm talking quieter than usual and not picking up on what people are saying. Or maybe it's them! 

I then asked about free parking. I got an angry stare again, not sure why. "are you having three treatments per month?" she asked, to which we both confirmed that I am. It eventually got sorted out. 

Anyway. We then waited until around 11.45 for the neuro appointment - so we've been waiting nearly two hours - and finally got called. We saw the male doctor we've seen a couple of times who confirmed my levels aren't high enough but he's happy with how things are progressing. While I hated waiting, it was quite good as we had the results through. We eventually left the hospital over two hours later. 

So actually, being made to wait was beneficial, I'd rather not be around hospital germs, though fortunately we've all got face masks on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...