Friday, February 10, 2023

Hairy

It feels like a hair-focused week this week. 

I've been doing a bit of Googling about my situation, as I'm not sure if my hairloss is permanent or not. Some sites say yes, others say no. The consultants say it'll grow back, the nurses say it might not. You see how this gets confusing now?

I've learned not to take anything to heart and that I'll probably get a few different answers to the same question. This seems to work quite well as that way I'm never disappointed, or at least if I am it's short-lived. It wasn't that long ago I was being told I'd have "total hair loss" with the chemo I was on. While I'm not a member of the medical profession, the site of my hairloss is where my radiotherapy beams were targeted - nowhere else. (oh and the exit site too) 

You can end up taking so much from someone's words and ultimately, there will be statistics that this is based on which they'll tell you which you then find out aren't your statistics. 

So it's actually easier to go on a day by day basis and have zero expectations. It works a treat for me - and the pressure is also off. 

Whether things change in the future as the treatment goes on and the next phase starts is another matter altogether, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

Anyway, it's half term now. I get to hang out with my child for a week if she'll let me - apart from on Valentine's Day as she's going to hang out with her friend as they're both "Single Pringles" apparently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...