Saturday, January 14, 2023

Not Being Rash

Okay, the rash looks like it might, finally, be on its way out. 

It's looking really faint - so I'm going to try as my doctor suggested and take one less (drowsy) antihistamine today, see what happens. If I need it then I can still take it a bit later than usual, I get the feeling that I've turned a corner. 

Last night I ate more food than I've done in a long time, I've eaten things which would have given me a sky high reading (when the rash first started), and my readings were low. LOW. Like, 5-point-something. Not like when they were 20-point-something. 

Last night I ate white pasta, mac and cheese. I had an ice cream. I drank coffee. My blood sugar levels behaved. This cheers me up as when you've had the random things happen during treatment it knocks your confidence a bit - especially when there's very little you can do than keep taking the medicine and hope it passes. 

I'm not about to make a habit of it, but it was nice knowing that it didn't have any knock-on effects. 

For the last few nights I haven't needed any Aloe Vera lotion on my back as well as the itchy/electric feeling stopped, so I was getting hopeful... but the last time I was and thought everything had gone it came back with a vengeance so I'm not going to declare anything quite as quickly - mainly as it could come back. It probably will with Phase 3 when I'm on a higher dose of the same thing. BUT right now I'm happy as I'm not having to think about anything else other than typing up all this. So yes, happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...