Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Introducing Masky

This is Masky. Masky currently lives on a light in our living room as there's nowhere obvious for them to live right now. I'm also trying to think of a good purpose for Masky so that it's not just another 'thing'.

Masky and I met at the start of my second phase of treatment when a piece of plastic was placed over my swollen face and moulded to the shape of my swollen face. Mid-way through the treatment we had to adjust things a bit when the swelling disappeared (it took six weeks) which was fine, it just required my head to be bumped up a bit to keep everything really still. 

Masky and I laid on that Radiotherapy bench every day, clamped in place knowing the treatment was quick - which it always was at around ten minutes.

"Does it hurt?" - I felt no pain.

"Can you tell when it's there?" - I kept my eyes open so saw when the Radiotherapy zapper was targeting my forehead area

"Have you lost any hair?" - yes - just in the area the zapper got me and from the back of my head where the exit beam would have been. 

"Was it claustrophobic?" - I didn't find it that way, though I have spoken to people who do. The Radiographers were all brilliant when it came to chat and reassurances - I miss them all. 

Anyway, here's Masky. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...