Friday, December 23, 2022

Lightbulb

Earlier today we had a lightbulb moment, as you do. 

There are side effects and symptoms to be expected which have arrived and seem to be having a merry time on their Christmas party on my body. I'm covered in a rash over most of my body which spread to my neck today - though this isn't about the rash. Plus I've just got two gigantic prescription bags of self-care bits which will hopefully help calm things down - as it's still not itchy, just blobby. 

Alongside the rash I've been having raised blood sugars. Significant ones, where I'm wondering what on earth I've done wrong, and feeling like I haven't changed anything like washing powder or eating new foods. 

(to add to this, it took me several hours to remember the time I had a bad meal deal* in the hospital canteen then was told to go for a blood test afterwards which I had no idea was going to happen)

Anyway, I think this took us around a week to realise - I have started drinking coffee again, to be more precise, flavoured cappuccinos. I only had to look up "cappuccino diabetes" to get the first page of horror stories, full of sugar, avoid! (Guess who had two cups this morning before another unexpected blood test)

So I'm cutting out caffeine again, it's easy enough for me to do, and I'm really hoping it will make a difference. I didn't even think about caffeine as a cuppa was just part of the day anyway - but it makes sense as it's the only thing I've introduced over the last week or so.

So yes, cappucino and diabetes, not always the best combination. Maybe.


*white bread, cheese, seabrook crisps. All the foods I love. I was wobbly and panicking carrying a tray and my stick and needing to sit down, and I also got very impatient. I made bad choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...