Tuesday, December 20, 2022

I'll Never Learn

So I did the post about all my side effects and even more have kicked in this week. Sigh! So let's log them onto the list...

This is a weird one. I know it relates to oddness in my body - and I know how to fix it. Cold feet. Weird cold feet. It always happens in the evening and the only way to fix it is having a hot water bottle in bed - then by the morning I feel fine. Except today a new side effect kicked in - chemo rash. The nurse I chatted to on the phone suggested that if the rash doesn't go away that chemo would have to be stopped. I don't know where that leaves things going forwards, or if there's a different chemo for this tumour that I'd be switched to, but it's an annoyance. I've been told I can use aloe vera and take antihistamines to help the rash go away which is good news. Keep everything crossed it works.... 

Fatigue, tiredness. Today it has wiped me out a bit. I had an afternoon nap because I could tell my body needed it - I haven't felt like that since after the operation. It might be because I had an odd night's sleep, but going on how things are right now I think it's probably just the fatigue deciding to kick in because why not, eh? Might as well tire me out as well as all the other stuff! 

Bruising. Oh you trickster you, my body. I have a lovely black bruise on my arm from a week and a half ago which is starting to fade. Yesterday's blood test doesn't look so bad. I have blood tests once a week to check my sugars because diabetes is a pain in the bum and you're forever being monitored. When I rule the world I'll find a treatment for this which doesn't involve blood sugar inducing steroids so that everyone can eat pizza and be happy. However, the chances of me ruling the world are pretty slim. 

The plus side of all this is that I'm not having kidney problems or anything like that. But oh, it will be a PAIN if I'm taken off chemotherapy. A big pain. Does that mean I'd have to start the cycle again? I really don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...