Friday, December 9, 2022

Forgetful Focus

Maybe it's because I'm well into the flow of hospital appointments and amazing friends (and family) taking me there, so I have other things to focus on. I'm getting a bit forgetful again. Nothing alarming or anything - just a general brain fog sort of thing. I'm not concerned. 

So, for example I think "oh this would make a useful blog post" - I get the laptop, I open Blogger and I start a new post. 

But that took too long - I've already forgotten what I was going to post about. It'll come back I'm sure. Probably while I'm mid way being zapped by the radiotherapy machine.

OH! I've remembered! 

I've been having low-grade CT scans this week. The monitor in the room has kept the scans of my head visible, so I've been going over at the end and admiring it. I'm no expert here, but you can see that the treatment is helping and the tumour is smaller, though I don't know which image they're comparing it to (as if it's before the main operation then of course it'll be smaller). 

But it's a nice positive. I've also had a couple of friends tell me about people they know with the same tumour I have who are still around four years later, back at work and living a vaguely normal life. Now THAT is a good positive thing to focus on. 

Anyway, I then thought maybe nobody knows what a radiotherapy machine looks like, so here's one from the Marsden. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...