Saturday, August 19, 2023

Taking On Too Much

I'm really good at this. Say you'll do something and it doesn't quite get done. It sort of does, but there's nobody else to pick it up - so therefore the responsibility (which shouldn't) falls on me because there's too much to do. 

So I have all my health things (currently fairly quiet), my Guiding things (currently not quiet but no brain power to deal with it right now), keeping people updated/informed of where I am with everything (I am rubbish), Rebel Badge Club merit badges (it feels like a good fit as most of the badges I fancy working on are things I'm doing so I can push myself a little bit which is ironic considering all the notes above)... the list goes on. 

I mean, I'm working on the readers badge, going slowly, carefully through the books as you do, digesting all the content inside. THEN you find out Will Sergeant has his next book coming out next week. So due to my forgetful nature I should preorder it even though I'll forget I've done this. 

I mean, on one hand it's a nice surprise. On the other it's a "oh.... oops" as I set myself a target of not buying anything. (I'm not doing well on that front it has to be said).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...