Monday, April 24, 2023

Stick-y.

Today I finally did it. I got into the car, we were driving to hospital, and I suddenly realised...

"I've forgotten my stick!"

We probably could have gone home to get it, but I figured I probably would be okay without it, and if I needed one I could borrow one from the hospital. 

But yes, today I went out without my stick. Getting out of the car was interesting. My legs seized up as well by the time I got home - which was a good excuse for an oily E45 bath to make my skin nicer anyway.... 

When I was getting a cannula fitted into my arm for them to add dye to me at the relevant part of the scan, another nurse was asked to do it as apparently "you were moving too much" - I had the most pain at one point where I was saying "ow! ow!" rather a lot. I never get like that....

Anyway, nurse #2 was asking some questions about my chemo side effects and said the magical words "Do you get a pins and needle feeling in your hands?" Yes! Yes I do! My Electric feelings! This was the first time someone had confirmed they knew someone else who had that feeling which has done a lot for my overall confidence. She then proceeded to tell me how her friend still doesn't have feelings in her hands six years later but we'll skip that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...