Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Open Your Eyes, Look Up to the Skies and See....

So earlier on here I wrote "Health-wise I had a headache, a very low-grade one which was there all day. I mentioned it yesterday at the hospital and I've been put back on steroids to help. So of course, my sugars went up. So there'll probably be more things I have to put into my body to get my strength and be prepared for treatment starting - I have a couple of weeks so there's time. Oh, and the headache has gone now as well. Typical. I had gestational diabetes when pregnant with my daughter so I know I'm high risk when it comes to anything blood sugar related."

This was November 9th last year - I only finally came off the steroids in the last couple of weeks. No headaches are present currently, though let's wait and see what happens once the Chemo starts again later today. 

I think what I'm noticing more than anything; the hospital staff know what I need to be doing - they monitor me fairly closely to check I don't have a bad reaction - but I don't feel like I have any control. Which really I shouldn't be anyway as I'm not the medical professional.

Here's a good example. Husband picked up my chemo medicine this morning, as well as some anti-sickness drugs. I asked him what I had been prescribed - and he told me "Some chemotherapy and some anti sickness drugs" - which I had to point out is why I've got so confused with all this. Tell me the names of the drugs and let me have some knowledge or control over this. I'm not about to guzzle the lot, I'll just know which is which.

I recently only found out that Temazolomide is chemotherapy. Which I probably already knew, but had almost definitely forgotten. I can safely say I thought it was a steroid. So yes, I'm very confused. Still working on that one though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...