Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Dad

Let's now go back to when I was in a ward, possibly post-operation waiting for something. Maybe waiting for natural light? I don't know.

I was sectioned off from everyone, next to me was an older man. I didn't see him but I could hear him. His name was the same as my dad. 

He sounded like my dad.

He may well have had the same middle name as my dad.

But for obvious reasons, there was no way it was dad. But for those few hours I got comfort knowing someone who sounded like my father was next to me. 

It was a strange feeling. I couldn't get out of bed to look and see, I could only rely on what I could hear. 

It was also quite nice, in my head I had conversations with this person next to me, telling him about his granddaughter who he has never met and anything else which entered my head. 

Eventually I did see him. He didn't look like dad other than being male with white hair - which is probably okay. It might have been too weird otherwise. He was about the same age as dad would have been.

Did I experience some kind of hallucination? If so, then that feels like a pre-op thing. I really don't know. My sense of place and time were non-existent at this point, all the days merging into one big lump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sore Neck

Oof, it hurts. Trying to sit up without hurting my core. My upper shoulder is in pain but behaving.  It's not agonising pain but it'...